Soundblaster Extigy and Tiger

M

McGroarty

I've got a Soundblaster Extigy, a Creative Labs USB sound "card," which I'd like to use with my iMac G5 and Tiger.

When I hook it up, I see two "Soundblaster Extigy" devices listed in System Preferences:Sound:Output. However, routing sound to either of the devices produces no audio.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Good luck...if you come up with any solutions...please share.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The extigy is not compatible with Mac's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Let's rephrase that a bit...

Creative is stubbornly arrogant about providing any sort of Mac support therefore there are no drivers for the mac platform for any of their products to my knowledge.

OP
M

McGroarty

Thanks for the responses. I'd hoped the Extigy would use a standard USB Audio profile if it weren't explicitly supported. Ah well.

The Griffin iMic looks like a cheap and workable replacement -- the buyer reviews on Amazon are good overall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.