Can one network PowerMac 7300 to a G5?

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have been able to connect a MacBook and a G5 together... but the problem I'm really interested in solving, is connecting a PowerMac 7300 to the G5.

We've been able to connect the 7300 (OS 7.6) to the iMac (OS 8.6), and for a brief time we were able to connect the iMac to the G5 (OS 10.4.???). (what happened was, we 'discovered' how to use the hub to connect the G5 to the Internet (for a while, only the iMac had internet access), but it had the unfortunate side-effect of inhibiting the network between the G5 and the iMac). But we were never able to directly network the 7300 to the G5.

Is it even possible to connect the 7300 to a G5, or is the 7300 so antiquated, that it just isn't possible? (the reason why I want to do this, is that I want to backup some files that are on the 7300 onto a memory stick.....)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.