I phone or BlackBerry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro MC118E/A 15.4 | iPhone 4S | iPod many
Hi people,

I'm thinking in renew my cell phone and I was wondering if you can help me with this issue, as well as you did with my MacBook Pro. :)

I don't understand pretty good which are the pro and cons between a BlackBerry Pearl and the Iphone. I guess there must be technological differences that you well know (3G versus 4G, etc...)

Does anyone can give me some piece of advice? :\

Thank you, D.

Reaction score
While there are some smartphone alternatives to iPhone that rival its capabilities, Blackberry of any type is not one of them. If your main purpose for the phone is business related it will do the job but its not even close to being in the same class as the iPhone. I had one before and my wife still has one and I wouldn't put it anywhere near it on performance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Hi people,

I'm thinking in renew my cell phone and I was wondering if you can help me with this issue, as well as you did with my MacBook Pro. :)

I don't understand pretty good which are the pro and cons between a BlackBerry Pearl and the Iphone. I guess there must be technological differences that you well know (3G versus 4G, etc...)

Does anyone can give me some piece of advice? :\

Thank you, D.

Your really asking that on an all MAC forum? this post should be deleted on principal alone lol

OP
Mr. Daniel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro MC118E/A 15.4 | iPhone 4S | iPod many
While there are some smartphone alternatives to iPhone that rival its capabilities, Blackberry of any type is not one of them. If your main purpose for the phone is business related it will do the job but its not even close to being in the same class as the iPhone. I had one before and my wife still has one and I wouldn't put it anywhere near it on performance.

Thank you for your advice.

Daniel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4GHz, 4GB, GT 320M
As noted above, you're comparing apples to oranges. First, the Pearl is not a very good choice in a Blackberry IMO. I used Blackberry's for business and personal use and also looked over and managed several. IMO, the bottom line is that the Blackberry is an exceptional business device. Beyond that, most consumers would be disappointed. Just my .03

As Kodorsean....I'm a huge phone nerd. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac with i7 and 4GB. yippie! iPhone 4 16gb-blk
It depends what business he's using it for. I'm a photographer and for MY business, the iPhone blows the blackberry away. I can have full galleries on my phone, pdf files of signed contracts in iBooks, the display in the iPhone 4 is insanely sharp and detailed. I can take photos from a location I'm scouting, tweak it in one of the editing apps and send directly to a client to see if that idea would work for them.

All depends what business you're in.

I do have to agree with the guy who said the post should be deleted on principle alone. hahaha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.