Itunes PC-> Itunes Mac

N

nyrangerfan5490

i just bought a 14" ibook today and though i realize this is probably impossible i thought i might ask...

Is there any way I can transfer the Itunes songs i bought on my PC to my new ibook without burning like 15 cds? I have an ipod..though i dont think this will help thanks! :mac:

OP
S

speedydave

All of my music is on my iPod, so when I got my PB, I just downloaded one of the many iPod ripping programs available online. I downloaded iPodRip, but unfortunately I don't remember from where... It's a great program though. I imported all of my music into iTunes on my PB, but I did have to reauthorize the music I had bought from iTunes to be able to play it on the new computer.

OP
N

nyrangerfan5490

thnaks guys...but how and why do i need to deauthorize my itunes on my pc?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You only have to deauthorize iTunes, if you bought music from the iTunes Music Store. But if you did buy music from there, and you plan on using your pc, then you don't need to deauthorize it.

OP
N

nyrangerfan5490

iWhat said:
You only have to deauthorize iTunes, if you bought music from the iTunes Music Store. But if you did buy music from there, and you plan on using your pc, then you don't need to deauthorize it.

Ok well I bought music from the Itunes music store on my PC, but I am now planning on buying all of my songs on my mac so i guess i need to deauthroize it..how do i go about doing that? thanks

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the menu bar of the iTunes app, click on "Advanced", then click on "Deauthorize Computer". But you can still have your purchased music on up to 5 computers, if you still think you might continue to use your PC. Who knows, you still might want go to your PC for playing with iTunes now. :eek:

EDIT: Oops, I gave you instructions for a mac, but I'm sure you can find it still, not much difference really.

OP
N

nyrangerfan5490

thanks a ton! But ive done some reading in the iTunes help..and it seems to me that all the songs ive purchased on my PC will be copied onto my Mac Itunes once i sign into the music store..is this true??

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure you can do that. I've logged into my account without any such transfering, but if Apple does ever do this, I'm all over it. :eek: :cool:

OP
E

Ey3 D

Well there are other ways that people here have not said:
-You can check for purchased music in Advanced and enter your Apple iTunes Music Store I.D. and it will start downloading the songs that you bought
-Or you can just plug your iPod into your PC, wait for the icon on the desktop to pop up and drag the files to the external hardrive of the iPod. Then, when on the iBook, look for the icon on the desktop again and drag all the iTunes music files to your iTunes library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.