PDA

View Full Version : Topics not being marked as read or viewed

stingray
06-25-2010, 12:52 AM
I've noticed over the past week or so that when I browse the forum it doesn't clear or update the post as read the next time I come back. This isn't an issue when I'm on full size browser. I simple click the mark forums as read. But, when I look on my iPhone I don't get that option...

Any pointers or tips?

pigoo3
06-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I've noticed over the past week or so that when I browse the forum it doesn't clear or update the post as read the next time I come back. This isn't an issue when I'm on full size browser. I simple click the mark forums as read. But, when I look on my iPhone I don't get that option...

Any pointers or tips?

There have been some changes recently. What I usually do when I'm finished with a visit to Mac-Forums...is go to the "Quick Links" tab at the top right of the page...and click on "Mark Forums Read".

This way when you return for your next visit...all the threads you see will be new...or updated since your previous visit.

HTH,

- Nick

schweb
06-25-2010, 10:43 AM
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/news-community-announcements/205252-updated-read-post-method.html

stingray
06-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I guess my real question was, is there a way to mark the forums as read from an iPhone?

pigoo3
06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I guess my real question was, is there a way to mark the forums as read from an iPhone?

Sorry...I missed that detail in your original post.

- Nick