Yellow Line on SCreen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Been reading online that some unlucky customers have a yellow line thru screen anyone else have that... says its just above bottom

IPHONE 4

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I presume you mean the iPhone 4..though explicitly stating that would be good..

Regards

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I presume you mean the iPhone 4..though explicitly stating that would be good..

Regards

Corrected but your actually going to nit pick... I mean the top 30 posts here are about the iPhone 4.... So no presuming needed LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Yes, I read something about it on engadget.com this morning and they quoted some guy who says it is the bonding agent in the layers of glass/display (whatever) and that they shipped them so quickly that it hasn't fully "cured" yet. After a day or so of using the phone, especially with the display on, it will settle down or whatever and you won't see it anymore.

This guy they quoted claims to have been one of the people who presented the bonding agent to Apple in the first place.

EDIT: Here's the link to the article/story. http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/iphone-4s-yellow-spot-issue-goes-away-with-a-bit-of-time/

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I read something about it on engadget.com this morning and they quoted some guy who says it is the bonding agent in the layers of glass/display (whatever) and that they shipped them so quickly that it hasn't fully "cured" yet. After a day or so of using the phone, especially with the display on, it will settle down or whatever and you won't see it anymore.

This guy they quoted claims to have been one of the people who presented the bonding agent to Apple in the first place.

EDIT: Here's the link to the article/story. iPhone 4's yellow spot issue goes away with a bit of time? -- Engadget

That makes sense

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Mine was bad on one phone but now a day later it's gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.