wireless driver installation

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a wireless driver. I downloaded something off the internet. The folder contains the drivers I suppose. I contains some setups one is .exe for windows I'm guessing another one is .ini and the last is .inx. I'm guessing I want the .inx. I dragged that to the console window and tried to execute it that way but it said permission denied. I signed in using sudo -s and tried, still access denied. I tried signing in su but apparently I don't know the password to sign in as superuser.

Reaction score
Wireless driver for what?
All of those extensions are for windows and wont run on a Mac.
What exactly are you trying to install?

OP
X
Reaction score
it's an ovis link wireless usb card. WUSB15. I got it around 02'. the box says it works with osx windows and linux. It took **** just to find that download, obviously ovis link isn't a very big name company.

Reaction score
Well, going to the Ovis web site and clicking on the WUSB15 gives me a 404 page.
Putting WUSB15 into Google gives 3 links, one of which is the 404.
Have you tried just plugging it in and checking System Profiler?

OP
X
Reaction score
just checked the system profiler

the system profiler says under USB Device tree that it recognizes the car. It says :
Speed: Up to 12Mb/sec which is right
Product ID: 4097 ($1001)
Bus Power (mA): 500
Vendor ID: 4861

I'm guessing it recognizes it as a wireless card but when i go to network under system preferences it doesn't show me an option to connect to a wireless network or that there is even a wireless card present.

Reaction score
It may not be supported. Looking at the Ovis website again, everything is for PC.
Unless someone else has ideas I'd say look into an Airport card, or at least something newer.
Can also try emailing Ovis for help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.