Will there be enough iphone 4's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
I think I'm finally ready to get an iphone. Never haven bought one or signed up for AT&T though I was wondering how the process will go tomorrow and through the weekend?

I know nobody can say for sure, but based on ya'lls past experience, will there be iphones still on sale next Monday that I can just go in and buy at a Best Buy or an Apple Store? I only ask cause I wouldn't mind waiting the weekend to avoid the worst of any lines as long as its still available.

And what's the process like for signing up to AT&T? Can I do all of that at Best Buy or the Apple Store on the spot? Should I go on Apple's website and sign up for AT&T now and then go in and pick up the iphone or should I just wait for when I go in?

Thanks for helping out a newb.

edit:
Also, how much would a 32gig iphone cost out the door with a new plan? About a hundred dollars on top of the $299 for AT&T service depending on the data/text/minute options and what not? So be prepared to spend $400?

Reaction score
I highly doubt there will be any phones to be found by Monday. Last year I was the 1st person in the AT&T store after the pre-orders were given out and there were 2 3GS's in the store for them to sell. The iPhone 4 is WAY more popular and sought after than the 3GS was last year. I was lucky last year, but pre-ordered this year because I could foresee what was to happen.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you didn't pre-order and don't plan on camping out for the iPhone 4..you'd be better served waiting for sometime in mid July to grab the iPhone 4 by which time more of these devices should be available in most stores..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
At this point, I'd probably just go online and order one to have it shipped when its available. Otherwise, your chances are not really that great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I know, isn't it? I would probably have to kill myself if I had to actually wait for a phone. It's so important!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.