Has anyone gotten a call from Best Buy about their iPhone 4 reserve?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 1tb hdd, 15" Macbook Pro 320gb HDD 4gb ram, iPhone 4 32gb, and iPad 3G 64gb
So I reserved my iPhone 4 32gb black on the 16th and was told from the people at the store and online by the Best Buy iPhone 4 Pre-order FAQ that I would get a call from the store a day or two early to setup an appointment and confirm that I will get my iPhone. Has anyone gotten this call yet? I'm not worried or anything since it could very well be (as they said) tomorrow that I get the call, just wondering. Oh and by the way to all those wondering if they would get any shipments of the white iPhone 4 and have them available on launch day, you're out of luck.

Reaction score
I havent gotten my call yet but most stores are waiting until tomorrow, when they know the actual inventory. Theres alot of info on b.b's mobile forum. I just wish they would hurry up because if worst comes to worst I will just go and wait at the At&t store.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 1tb hdd, 15" Macbook Pro 320gb HDD 4gb ram, iPhone 4 32gb, and iPad 3G 64gb
Yeah I guess it be best they know the exact inventory before giving us false hope lol. Good luck camping out if it comes to that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Somebody over on Engadget got a call to pick up his iPhone at 7AM. So looks like they've started calling people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB of RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.2| iPhone 4 32GB Black.
Yeah they have started calling people. i work AP and ive been seeing iphones come in at best buy.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome. I hope they give me a call then tomorrow. Oh wait...don't they have to call you regardless to tell you if they'll be getting your iPhone or not? I live in Port Charlotte, FL (kinda small town, barely big enough for a Best Buy) so I'm not sure if they'll be getting their shipment as fast as some of the larger stores.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah so after calling Best Buy a couple times I got the guy doing the calls to make appointments when he was about to start. I was about to make one but unfortunately they don't have any 32gb phones in stock. They have no idea when they're going to get them...sucks. I heard a lot of the stores are the same but also some of the larger ones I guess are getting some 32 gigs.

Reaction score
Well there was even a line of iPhone wanna-buyers at Best Buy at opening. jackasses called only the people who be getting one. That's it.... So everyone else just showed up wanting to buy. Total clusterf00k, got 12 total...:Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
I just got back from a Best Buy. The cell phone people came in at 8am to start making calls to people who had reserved.

They didn't have any 'extra' iphones. Only ones for people who reserved them.

They didn't have any white ones in stock so they were giving the people who had reserved those the option of a black one.
They also had 16 and 32g phones.

The guy actually let me in 2 hours before opening to make a reservation for the 29th, which he said would be his next shipment date. He also said they could run my credit now so I know what to expect when the phone comes in but they had to do a manual review and AT&T wanted a $500 deposit! And I've got PERFECTLY spotless credit so iphone 4 can kiss my ***. I guess I'll be waiting for iphone 5 on verizon next year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2Ghz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HD
My Best Buy made calls. But I wasn't one of them. I have to wait for the second shipment. They didn't give me a date for it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well there was even a line of iPhone wanna-buyers at Best Buy at opening. jackasses called only the people who be getting one. That's it.... So everyone else just showed up wanting to buy. Total clusterf00k, got 12 total...:Angry:

How are they jackasses? They specifically said that IF you were getting a phone, they would give you a call. It is presumed that if you didn't receive a call, then that means they didn't have one for you. Simple as that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.