• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Trying to sell an iPhon 3Gs 16GB on Craigslist...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
And I get this....

Karen Scott said:
Hope you still have this item of yours for sale?
Sent from my Iphone

Reply with this,

BAMF said:
Still have it. Are you interested?

Receive this,

Karen Scott said:
Hi seller,

Thanks for your response.Hope everything is going on smoothly?i am please with the condition and price of your item.I would have love to come and take a look at it,due to recent call which i just receive from office that we have a medical operation to carryout in California which will take days before i get back home and i have promised my child something special this coming birthday.I will also include $100.00 to cover the shipping and handling through Us Postal Service.get back to me with your PayPal email address or send a payment request so that i can remit the funds into your account,because PayPal is very secure way of doing business online.Just in case you don't have an account just sign up on www.paypal.com and don't forget to email me when you are done.

And return this:

BAMF said:
Oh my! An operation! My whole family just died in a operation. See, I'm the prince of a small country from Nigeria and the govermint just slawturd my whole family. I have an enhairitens of several billion dollars I'm going to receeve but I'm need to sell iPhone 3Gs 16GB to cover the cost of one US aturny. He will reqwest the key to my lock box with one billyon dollars. If you can send the $100 ship check along with $100 to cover my harem and $300 for the phone, I will gladly send you $50,000 when I receev my inheritens. Thank you oh so much miss kind karen scott. If yop would, please call me at your earliest conveenyunce to discuss this trandsfer of funs. I looking forward to corrysponging with you.

Asa llama legra,
Prince Obonagacumloudy
(202) 278-2000
601 4th Street NW
Washington, DC 20535

I guess right now, my adoring fans, you're wondering if it's truly safe to include the address and phone number of the FBI? Well, I say two U. Y not.

Sinsearlee,
Prince Obonagacumloudy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
yea, sounds really legit /sarcasm :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Nigerian scammers...lol There all the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Most of them are pretty much all the same but it is surprising how many people still fall for these scams.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
May I borrow your letter the next time I'm trying to sell on CL?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Best laugh I had all day!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro quad core 2.80 ghz , 4 gig ram, dual 8800 gtx SLI, Mac Mini dual core 1.83, 2 gig ram
good work sir!! haha

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I <3 CL Scammers.

This isn't the first time I've had a blast.

Last time I think I was trying to negotiate oral sex into the deal with one of those people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.