Confusion about iphoto and image browser

Reaction score
When I transfer pictures to the pc (mac mini) they go automatically to Image Browser where they are difficult to do anything with. If you attach them to an email they are huge and there is no apparent way to reduce them. I cannot figure out how to move them into iphoto either. The iphoto tutorial says to copy the Pictures folder into iphoto but it didn't do it but didn't tell me that. I have a feeling iphoto is where I can manipulate the photos. There are pictures in iphoto but I have no idea how they got there. I am very confused.

Maybe someone can enlighten me?
Thanks, jwn51

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. You don't say what OS u are using, but try opening Image Capture in Applications Folder and in Image Capture/Preferences choose iPhoto as default app for photos. Then when they are imported into iPhoto you can export and set size as needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
I am using OS X and I also use image browser. After the photos are downloaded to a folder I simply drag the ones I want to work with to the iPhoto icon in the bottom tray. You can then work on them and email a reduced size. I shoot in RAW so when I save the photo in iPhoto I don't lose the original in the folder that Image Browser downloaded to. I hope this makes sense.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. I have OS 10.6 Snow Leopard. I did figure out I can drag images from the Pictures folder in Applications into iphoto. I cannot find any preferences at image browser for downloading. Maybe I need to have the camera attached? Thanks to you both!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.