• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

2001: a space odyssey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i just finished watching this movie for the 3rd or 4th time in my life and to this day all i can really say after is wow...movie is amazing!

still have a hard time interpreting the movie and i basically refuse to read someone elses interpretation of it

-chris

G

Gambit

coach_z said:
i just finished watching this movie for the 3rd or 4th time in my life and to this day all i can really say after is wow...movie is amazing!

still have a hard time interpreting the movie and i basically refuse to read someone elses interpretation of it

-chris

I love shocking cult movies, but some darn reason, I can't bring myself
up to seeing 2010. I don't know, it was kind of freaky when in 2001 that stone started makin weird noises and the astronauts started falling to the ground. Also the computer (I forgot the name of it....) would turn against
the astronauts.....To me, the ending was ****ing freaky.....

Reaction score
2001 was a joint effort from Arthur C. Clark and Stanley Kubrick. The book and the movie are really closely tied. Although the Movie places the monolith orbiting Jupiter and the Book shows it orbiting one of Saturn's moons. Arthur C clark moves it to Jupiter in 2010.

I enjoyed reading the Books better then the movies. I think the 2001 Movie is a work of art like all Kubrick's movies. The books I find have a little more detail and character development. This is the one thing I don't like about movies, is the books usually tell you what the character is thinking or feeling. Movies just don't always portray this effectively.

OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
ivd never reaqd the books before...but i do believe 2001 was finished writing after the movie came out...or came out after or something like that...

B

Badger

The idea of the movie was based on the story "The Sentinal" written by Arthur C. Clarke in 1952. Kubrick and Clarke worked together to develop the movie and a book based on the movie was released by Clarke.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.