What are my options

Reaction score
Hey guys n gals, I was looking into the iphone and the various types and I quite like the look of it. Thinking about getting one, but I cant afford the monthly cost really, so my option seems to buy an unlocked second hand one, then pop my pay as you go sim into it!

with this in mind I know of someone selling a good condition Iphone 3G 16GB for £200...

is this a good deal or should I look else where or even look for a 2nd hand 3gs model?

what is this jail broken stuff about (he says its not jailbroke)

thanks people

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
£200 sounds reasonable. But not any more than that. Remember that this phone is the not the 3GS variant, meaning new apps may run slower.

A jailbroken phone can run apps not accepted by Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Having used both the 3G and the 3GS, I would strongly suggest going with the 3GS. It's much faster and more responsive. Current apps are pushing the limits of the capabilities of the 3G. The 3GS should be able to handle the newer apps that are created for the 4, except those requiring the front facing camera or games using the new gyroscope. The 3GS also multitasks very well, without any noticeable loss of speed.

I can live without the front camera and the gyroscope, so I may stick with my 3GS for now, so I can immediately upgrade to whatever comes out next summer.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the fast responses guys :)

seems like the 3gs is probably a good one to search for in that case. I think the best iphone will be the one that follows the 4, so like what the 3gs is to the 3g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz, Core Duo, 1gig ram, 100Gig
I would strongly suggest that you wait just a little bit after the iPhones 4 is out and in people's hands. They will significantly drop in price and you can then pick one up for cheaper. I have the 3G now and it's so sluggish when compared to the 3GS. I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to order the iPhone 4 now but I'm sure that will be even faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
+1 for waiting. In about a month, the market will be flooded with used 3GSs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.