• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Computer desks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
i will be moving in with my grandmother when i go away for college and i am looking for a computer desk that will match her "traditional" looking decorum. What i specifically want is a desk to put my laptop on that has a some storage on one side (this is not necessary) and a slide out on the other so i can put the printer on it and "hide it" when it is not in use (this is what i really want). I have looked a few places but am unable to find anything. I have a friend that has one that is exactly what i need but he found it at a garage sale.

So if anyone has an idea of where i can find something like what i am talking about that would be great.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Ikea, like tel said, always seems to have nice stuff, although I don't have anything from there, their stuff still seems nice.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Thanks. Found one thing i like.

Anyone else have a suggestion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
just curious, do you have a picture?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
of what PowerBookG4?? The desk i am trying to describe or the one i found that i like??

I don't have a pic of the one my friend has. but the suggestion from you and Tel on ikea is were i found one that i like and might work!

I will try to describe his desk to you. I is more a teacher desk then a computer desk. On one side there are two draws that just pull out that you can put files in and things like that. On the other side is one big door that opens and you can pull out a sliding tray. I really want that sliding tray to put the printer on, so i can slide it in and out and it can be hidden.

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
bestbuy and target!

T

Tel

Actually, do a search at Ikea for a desk called Gustav, that has a sliding tray for a keyboard but has a draw to each side like you said.

Yes, I do work for Ikea. No, I'm not a spotty sales rep.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.