New Iphone-Radio Shack, trade in your old one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad
So I go into Radio Shack today and the guy sees my iPhone and says, you want the new one? I said, yeah...I'm ordering one. He then proceeds to tell me that I can trade in my current iPhone for $209 and get the new one for free. Um...is this for real? I went ahead and put my name on the list. If I go in tomorrow and put down a $50 deposit it will secure my new iPhone4. He checked my att status for eligibility and said I was good to go. I've been with att for just at a year, as I ordered the new 3gs last year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
wow.... i did not know this and might want to try it with my 3g (+ wonder if they would do a trade in for a 3gs which is what i actually want.. pending on if i can sell my motorcycle, in which case i might get a 4)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad
I asked if you could trade in a 3g as well, and he said yes, not sure about the 3gs upgrade...why would you want a 3gs instead of the 4 for the same price?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
I asked if you could trade in a 3g as well, and he said yes, not sure about the 3gs upgrade...why would you want a 3gs instead of the 4 for the same price?

it's not the same price... iPhone 4 is $199 and 3gs is (will be) $99. frankly, it's more a money issue then anything else.. took a decent pay cut a few weeks ago and other things (bills) are more important, secondly i am not too thrilled with the shape of the 4, never the less if i can get a 4 for the same money as a 3gs i of course would most likely go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.
What kind of iPhone do you have and what condition is it in? I have a 3GS 32g in perfect condition and am wondering how much they would give me. I could get $350 or so on CL, but I almost don't care... going through RS would be simpler and it only costs $50 to preorder as apposed to paying the full price through Apple. My only worry is RS getting the phone on the 24th. I would hate to have to wait a few days and wish I had gone through Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
i have a 3g 8GB - black...

Reaction score
Something doesnt sound right on this one. You would think they would be advertising the crap out of it to get alot of the orders. Gotta be careful with the Radio Shack guys, they can be sleezy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
Something doesnt sound right on this one. You would think they would be advertising the crap out of it to get alot of the orders. Gotta be careful with the Radio Shack guys, they can be sleezy.

i checked their web site.... don't see it mentioned. was planning on maybe swinging by there after work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
i checked their web site.... don't see it mentioned. was planning on maybe swinging by there after work.

I just called my local store and they knew nothing about this......

Clay

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad
Now they call me tonight and say I have to come in for a raffle tomorrow at 1:00. They said apple pulled most of the 'supply' they were supposed to get. It is real and not a scam, but it is very limited. I am self employed so I will stop by tomorrow for the heck of it. I believe that apple is limiting their supply, but I also think this has alot to do with people bombarding radio shack today with pre-list trade-ins and they don't have the capital to handle it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Engadget is saying that Apple is telling 3rd party retailers that they won't be allowed to do pre-orders. Now that hasn't been confirmed, but if you want to pre-order safest bet is Apple or AT&T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4
i just checked their site and it is listed under the phone trade in program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
upgrade 3g -> 3gs

mods, plz delete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.