Iphone owners Read plz

Reaction score
Hello i am new to the forums and only want to ask u iphone owners Soming
i know this maybe dumb:p
But i still give it a try

I Live in new zealand And just Wondering if I made my friend in the us buy me the new iphone 4 will it come with a sim or no cause if it do come with a sim it not going to work

All i want is to get a iphone 4

CAUSE i paid 1150 nz $ for my iphone 3gs :eek:
And im thinking to buy my iphone ipads Etc.. from the us and making my friend Send them over

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Firstly, unlike iPads, an iPhone bought in the US will be LOCKED to AT&T. Typically they do not come with a SIM card unless you buy a plan at the time of your phone.

Note that if you buy a new US iPhone and bring it to New Zealand, it WILL NOT work with a New Zealand carrier SIM since the phone is locked. Jailbreaking the phone may get it unlocked, but at the time of release, there will be no jailbreak for iPhone 4, AND it will void any warranty. My suggestion is to wait until New Zealand gets their official iPhone and buy it at that time. Buying an iPhone outside of your country to use it in your country is never a good idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
there will be no jailbreak for iPhone 4, AND it will void any warranty. My suggestion is to wait until New Zealand gets their official iPhone and buy it at that time. Buying an iPhone outside of your country to use it in your country is never a good idea.

Wrong wrong wrong, The unlock has already been done, The iPhone Dev Team are just waiting until the 24th to release it. Secondly as for the sim card all you have to do is cut down your regular sim and it will work just fine in the new iPhone. Third there is no problem buying an iPhone from overseas many people do it, It's an Apple product it's a solid device.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wrong wrong wrong, The unlock has already been done, The iPhone Dev Team are just waiting until the 24th to release it. Secondly as for the sim card all you have to do is cut down your regular sim and it will work just fine in the new iPhone. Third there is no problem buying an iPhone from overseas many people do it, It's an Apple product it's a solid device.

Good luck.

Fair enough. Your solution will work, if the user really doesn't care about warranty or support. Good luck indeed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
He/she can get all the support he/she needs right here for free.

The warranty I can't argue with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Good luck.

Where is the unlock? I can't seem to find it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The Dev Team released an unlock and jailbreak for older iPhone models. We're still waiting on the iPhone 4 jailbreak/unlock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.