Question About iTunes Tagging Software

Reaction score
I am planning to host a music trivia game on another forum and have run into a problem. I don't want songs to be able to be tagged via progams such as Shazaam.

Does anybody know of a way I can save the music or edit the music so that when it plays tagging software cannot recognize it?

I post this question on this forum because I know there are a ton of Mac programs and I figure one should be able to do it... Thanks a lot for the help guys!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Doubtful. Shazam tags music by actually "listening" to it. Basically when Shazam samples a song, it gets enough of the track to compare it against a database of musical signatures.

So, long story made short, without actually coming up with obscure music that wouldn't have been sampled by Shazam's database (which is pretty darned comprehensive in my experience), you're pretty much out of luck.

OP
B
Reaction score
Okay, well I had heard the way it does it is there is a digital signal that is the actual "tag" of the song so I was hoping there would be a way to block it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.