Portable Photo Printers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I''m looking into purchasing a portable photo printer in the next few weeks. I own a Canon Powershot SD300 digital camera, so I was leaning towards Canon's compact printers. Does anyone have any recommendations, comments, complaints about the compact/portable photo printers they own?

Thanks

E

Echo_

canons hps and epson are the best

i really dont recomend portable printers because they are not as good as there big brothers and cost almost the same price

M

McGroarty

One suggestion. When looking at different inkjet printers, look for one with the printing mechanism on the cartridge, not built into the printer. If you're going to travel with your printer, there's a good chance it's eventually going to clog when exposed to environmental extremes. It's painful to toss a half-used cart and put a fresh one in to get past a clog. But it's more painful to waste an evening in your hotel fighting with your printer and trying to flush alcohol through the print nozzles.

M

McGroarty

Echo_ said:
i really dont recomend portable printers because they are not as good as there big brothers and cost almost the same price
That's like saying you don't understand why someone gets a Powerbook when a G5 is faster. : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
cannon has nice printers, test a few out at Best Buy or Circuit city...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
I had a BJ-80 for quite a while and I always had great luck with it. The most terrible thing about them however is how fast they run out of ink...its enough to drive a man to the poor house. It always worked without a hitch for me...which was a lifesaver for the type of work I was doing at the time. I even had the scanner adapter and that was pretty sweet too. I'd look at the Canons again if I was thinking of going that route one more time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.