• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Something cool i found on windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I just found this when you click log off on windows it dims the forums. Just thought that was kinda neat.

Before:
20115747_2bc6eb3bb3_o.jpg

after:
20115748_88c7aead64_o.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
I

iMe

You need to use your windows more........... :confused: .....But then again, stick with your mac!!

K

Kokopelli

Boy, tough crowd. No need to be slinging insults gentlemen. Not everyone is l337 and a sense of wonder should not be discouraged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
i really really REALLY hope your joking

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
iMe said:
You need to use your windows more........... :confused: .....But then again, stick with your mac!!
lol its not even mine im at a hotel

Reaction score
iLEFTOVERCRACK said:
loser....
Do you actually realise how rude that could sound? This category is labeled "ANYTHING GOES" meaning that people can post ANYTHING they feel the need to... which is exactly what he has done. He obviously thought that this might be of interest to other people who use these forums. So instead of replying with such a negative response, why not show a little respect?

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
BadjahBoy said:
Do you actually realise how rude that could sound? This category is labeled "ANYTHING GOES" meaning that people can post ANYTHING they feel the need to... which is exactly what he has done. He obviously thought that this might be of interest to other people who use these forums. So instead of replying with such a negative response, why not show a little respect?
yeah man ur lucky im not a sensitave person

O

october

I thought it always did that to anything that was on your screen, just made it black and white..and sometimes lock up my system while im trying to shut it down....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Neat pictures. No worries

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I thought it only did that on XP, cool tho.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
benjamindaines, you never used XP before? because it always does that when shutting down or logging off...

@PowerBookG4:
It is XP actually, and only WinXP does that, no other Windows version

@ those rude guys:
That's pretty much kiddy behaviour...plain stupid, and just simply putting a bad image on us other Mac users...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually I think everyone's missing the point here:

He means it also happens when you only log your MAC-FORUMS.COM ACCOUNT IN INTERNET EXPLORER- not when you log out of Windows XP entirely.

I'm sure lots of people haven't seen that particular internet explorer behaviour before and it is certainly not something that happens on Macs.

Cool find!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Aptmunich said:

He means it also happens when you only log your MAC-FORUMS.COM ACCOUNT IN INTERNET EXPLORER- not when you log out of Windows XP entirely.

I'm sure lots of people haven't seen that particular internet explorer behaviour before and it is certainly not something that happens on Macs.

Cool find!

Oh, well that's totally different the... :cool:
I've never seen it with IE, as I haven't used it since my Win98 days...long long time ago :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Aptmunich said:

Actually, he does mean logging out of Windows....
benjamindaines said:
I just found this when you click log off on windows
...at least that is what he typed anyway

K

Kokopelli

i think he meant. "This is what happens when you log off of the mac-forums website from a Windows machine in IE."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
this thread has served its purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.