Another Minor Annoyance

H

hank1

Now that I have my connections to my two PCs from the eMac, I hesitate to make any changes.

However, before I fixed those connections I never had to log into my computer--I had it fixed so the computer started without asking for a User/Pass.

Now it askes for my username, Bob.

Sure would like to log in again without that step.

I'm the only one who uses the eMac. I don't need the security.

How can I stop this and not worry about losing my network connections?

Reaction score
Go to system prefrences, click security, then make sure the disable automatic login is unchecked.

OP
H

hank1

Thanks

djlee12 said:
Go to system prefrences, click security, then make sure the disable automatic login is unchecked.

Disable automat login is disabled.

And
Code:
A master password is not set for this computer.
That's fine by me, but still I have to login to Bob when I shut down or restart. At least it doesn't ask for a Password.

OP
M

menace3054

from what i gather you dont want to have to log in. in that case, go to preferences, users, and check automatic logins. (if its disabled then of course youll have to enter your user name)

OP
H

hank1

menace3054 said:
from what i gather you dont want to have to log in. in that case, go to preferences, users, and check automatic logins. (if its disabled then of course youll have to enter your user name)

At Accounts I have Automatically log in as Robert Tracy checked. And that's the only option it gives. There is no Bob.

There's some confusion here. When I restart it asks me for my login name and it's Bob, not Robert Tracy.

See why I'm confused over this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.