screen going on and off

kba

Reaction score
Hello
I have a serious dilema and would like to as you if you could help me.
All of a sudden last night while my nokia bluetooth was conected to my iphone I got a message that sayd that there was some device that is not working properly with my iphone, and if I would like to turn on airplane mode. I have been using this bluetooth for a while now and it worked, and works perfectly.
The same situation happened before, when i connected some headphones from an older ipod. To fix the situation I had to reinstall everything, but now i want to find out a sollution for this. I feel like using windows again when reinstalling every other month.
The screen illuminates about 2 times per minute, like when you push the home button, and it eats up my battery, besides being annoying.

So.. if any of you have any suggestions.. please give me a hand.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Just guess here but it could be a issue with your sleep/wake button, has the phone ever been dropped on that button?

OP
K

kba

Reaction score
Could be the sleep button.. i mean, it was dropped. I don't remember landing on the button, but, why does it go away if I reinstall the os ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I'm just giving you my best guess based previous past experiences working on iPhones.
Personally I'm leaning towards this being a hardware issue and not OS related.

Now if it were me I would get my iPhone tools and suction cup out and pull that bad boy apart and see if it is, The sleep/wake button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.