cant switch to wireless!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 Digital Audio,466 MHz, 768 SDRAM
hi all,

here's a problem for us to solve.

i have a pluscom USB wireless adapter, works great. ive had it for a year now connected to my mac G4 and never had any problems until my HDD broke. now i have a new OSX 10.4.11 installed. everything is fine again.

except! i started with my mac next to my door with a wire to the router in the hallway untill i could install the software for the wireless USB. i installed it and i get a signal and can connect to my router through it. in network pref pane it comes up as a green light 'USB wireless is currently active and has the IP 192......'

but only the ethernet cable works! when i put the USB at top of the list and/or pull out the ethernet cable i get no internet even tho everything says its connected to the internet and im getting 99% connection! best connection ive ever had! why cant i go on the internet with it?

whyyy?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have had no experience with USB adaptors but in your case i would shut down computer - remove power from router give it a minute repower and when it is on line turn on computer and see if router finds the USB stick.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 Digital Audio,466 MHz, 768 SDRAM
Have had no experience with USB adaptors but in your case i would shut down computer - remove power from router give it a minute repower and when it is on line turn on computer and see if router finds the USB stick.

yeah, the USB allways finds the router, they are connected and its connected to the internet. but how do i change my computer to be connecting via the USB rather then the wire?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Now that i don't know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.