PDA

View Full Version : I can't access www.mac-forums.com what's up?

the8thark
05-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi,

For the past week or more i have not been able to access Mac Forums | Apple, iPod, iPhone Discussions (http://www.mac-forums.com) the forums here. When I try to access them I don't get the forums as I normally do. Instead I gat a inetstatus.net page. I don't know why this is. And it really annoyed me.

But I found a way to hide my proxy and other things with this website Proxy Sites (http://www.eatproxy.com). I chose one of the links there (Sky Proxy - Never die ! (http://www.skyproxy.tk/) is what I chose) and through that I can access the website mac-forums.

Why can't a normally access the forums? Is there anything I can do to help this?
And I'll bookmark the proxy hiding site so I can access mac-forums.

This is why I have not been here on the forums for a while. Simply can't access them normally.

Does anyone know why this is? And would anyone know a possible solution for this please?

Thanks for your time.

bobtomay
05-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Sounds like it happened right after the server move last week.

Happened to me only for several hours and only on my iPad.

Will get it reported so they can check into it.

the8thark
05-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks for that. :)

pigoo3
05-28-2010, 01:19 PM
I haven't had any problems on my end for the past week or so...even with the server change.

I wonder if any other folks from "Down Under"...have had any problems.

- Nick

chscag
05-28-2010, 02:27 PM
No problems here either. And it looks like folks down under - Australia, New Zealand, are able to access normally as before. May be something local to "the8tharc".

Regards.

SoftWareRevue
05-28-2010, 03:51 PM
... Does anyone know why this is? And would anyone know a possible solution for this please?

Thanks for your time.It would be a DNS issue. I'd suggest you flush your cache.

Start a terminal session and use either lookupd -flushcache (Tiger) or dscacheutil -flushcache (Leopard).

harryb2448
05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
No it was here also yesterday ~ got hung up on some bullmedia loading message or somesuch with no loading.

the8thark
05-29-2010, 02:11 AM
It would be a DNS issue. I'd suggest you flush your cache.

Start a terminal session and use either lookupd -flushcache (Tiger) or dscacheutil -flushcache (Leopard).

I tried that and it didn't work. So for the time being I can just access the site through the proxy hider. Annoying but at least I can still access the site.

Kash
05-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Come on, let's all be honest here. We all know the admins blocked the8thark because he's been spamming up the place with his so-called "news" :P

the8thark
05-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Kash you might be on to something here :D

the8thark
05-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Just to let you all know. I was contacted by the website's admin, and I gave them a little info. And what they did must have fixed the issue. Because I can access the site normally now :).

So bobtomay is you are in contact with the site's admin again, can you tell them a thank you from me. And a thanks to you too for contacting them for me.