New ipad, no sim card :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2019, apple watch 5, iphone 11 pro max, ipad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen. air pods, numerous
does anyone know what time optus opens on saturday in penrith?
i've ordered a micro sim card but it won't arrive until june 2....and i'm becoming increasingly desperate to use my new ipad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Probably 9AM as does the one in Ipswich bear me.

Reaction score
Don't they come with a SIM card already installed? I believe that's how they are here in the U.S.

Maybe it's a 'stralian thing (?)

OP
Starzz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2019, apple watch 5, iphone 11 pro max, ipad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen. air pods, numerous
No, they don't come with a sim card preinstalled, and, yes, they did open at 9am.
I'm loving this iPad. It's wonderful, but after doing battle with Barnes and Noble I'm feeling very frustrated. We STILL can't buy books in Oz unless we have an American address. is there any way around this? I have to use my credit card so have to give the address which is associated with that. :-(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Don't they come with a SIM card already installed? I believe that's how they are here in the U.S.

Maybe it's a 'stralian thing (?)

The US is the only market I know of that is tied to a particular carrier for the iPad/iPhone. So, it would stand to reason that the 3G model comes with one here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
it's not just an Australian thing. The US is the odd one out here.
Only the US have Apple products like 3G ipads locked to one carrier. And cause they are locked, they can sell the sim with the ipad.
But in the rest of the world, they can't sell a sim with the ipad cause Apple does not know which carrier you want to go with. Ad there is multiple ipad 3G carriers available in the rest of the worlds countries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.