PDA

View Full Version : Presenting via Projector

djlee12
06-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes.

This weekend, I will be using my Powerbook to present a slideshow via a projecter onto a screen. Assuming the projecter will take my DVI or VGA connection (I have both adapters and cables), how do I setup my Powerbook to project?

Benjamindaines
06-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes.

This weekend, I will be using my Powerbook to present a slideshow via a projecter onto a screen. Assuming the projecter will take my DVI or VGA connection (I have both adapters and cables), how do I setup my Powerbook to project?
Plug it in push F7 to put it into mirror mode and you're off

djlee12
06-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Cheers

technologist
06-18-2005, 12:59 AM
I'd suggest adding the Displays menu to your menubar in case you need to fine-tune things. (System Preferences: Displays: Show displays in menu bar)

Good luck with your presentation.

Aptmunich
06-19-2005, 03:42 PM
If you're using keynote, make sure to enable 'Presenter screen' in the preferences, that shows you a preview of the current and next slide, along with your presentation notes on the PB screen, while only showing the current slide on the projector.

Benjamindaines
06-19-2005, 06:11 PM
If you're using keynote, make sure to enable 'Presenter screen' in the preferences, that shows you a preview of the current and next slide, along with your presentation notes on the PB screen, while only showing the current slide on the projector.
and if youre using powerpoint dont feel left out, it does that too

djlee12
06-19-2005, 11:05 PM
I was actually showing a slideshow of family pictures at an anniversary party using this awesome program called FotoMagico. It worked out great, except I could only get it to mirror the screen in 800x600 resolution. If it was in 1024x768, it spanned the screen, and the quicktime would only go fullscreen on the powerbook. W/e, it worked out great nonetheless. Thanks for all of your help.