Can unlocked Blackberry Storm2 be updated?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4GHz i5 4GB... iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G
Hi All,

I recently got a Vodafone (Ireland) BB 9520 Storm2 from my brother as he smashed the screen and got a new one from his company. I had the screen replaced and unlocked through a contact I know who unlocks phones.

I also formatted the device in order to get rid of all emails / contacts / SMS msgs etc. In doing so I reverted it to pretty much factory settings. A lot of the pre-installed applications went with the delete :(

I am currently on an Orange (UK) tariff in England as that is where I am currently living. Orange do not offer this phone and so do not have updates available on their website. My question is: Is there anyway to get the latest version of the OS / apps etc while using an unlocked device on a different network?

And before people suggest, I can't change networks - company phone!!

Many thanks,
Snake Doc

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Also, you may want to try posing this question elsewhere, like Howardforums.com, where there is a lot more cell phone expertise.

OP
Snakedoctor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4GHz i5 4GB... iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G
Apologies...

I'll stand in the corner for 15 minutes...

Sorry again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.