• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you think about Michael Moore movies?

Reaction score
I recently saw a film called The Corporation by Michael Moore on Hulu. It was interesting and mind opener. Has anyone seen anymore of his documentary. What do you guys think about his views and opinion? For me its really hard to tell whether a film or news article is completely truthful and unbiased.

Michael Moore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
It is never completely truthful. The object of film whether it be documentary or "news" is to present a narrative to the side of the story that you take. That's why they have you practice all those argumentative essays in school.

I am on the liberal side. I think Michael Moore can be annoying. I think he also raises a lot of good points, and I tend to watch his films.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
It is never completely truthful. The object of film whether it be documentary or "news" is to present a narrative to the side of the story that you take. That's why they have you practice all those argumentative essays in school.

I am on the liberal side. I think Michael Moore can be annoying. I think he also raises a lot of good points, and I tend to watch his films.

Lordy Lordy, the world is ending. I agree with DR's take on films! Obviously, I'm not one who shares many of Michael's views. The last documentary I watched and liked was "Islam: What the West Needs to Know", which is definitely NOT a MM film. Basically, Mike makes killer money making propaganda for the Left, and he is very good at it. I would suggest checking out "Michael Moore Hates America" if you would like to see another take on MM and his artistic license when presenting "facts".

Honestly, I didn't mind some of his earlier stuff until I saw that "Bowling For Columbine" cutting room floor footage one of his aids stole and sold. He really badgers Charlton Heston, following him around in public with cameras and screaming questions and obscenities at him to get various facial expressions and reactions on film, for MM's voiced over commentary. Watch the unchopped -vs- the chopped footage and, liberal or conservative, you'll see some pretty weird "responses" to "questions", etc... It's pretty creative, although very misleading, and definitely not any more focused on fact, news or documentary than Borat or Rush Limbaugh are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As the other two posters have said, depends entirely on your political point of view.

MM is the darling of the left wingers, and the anti-christ to the conservatives, the more so the further right they be.

So you do have to make up your own mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
As the other two posters have said, depends entirely on your political point of view.

MM is the darling of the left wingers, and the anti-christ to the conservatives, the more so the further right they be.

So you do have to make up your own mind.

I wouldn't call him the darling of left wingers... he's more like an obnoxious guy that shares the same opinions we do. He sometimes undermines our points simply by being... well.. Michael Moore.

Thumbs up, XJ. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.