I really can't connect to my wireless network.

Reaction score
Hi, I just got the new 15-inch MacBook Pro and I also got a new wireless router which is a Linksys WRT120N. My laptop is the only mac in the house. There are 2 PCs and an Xbox connected to the router which work perfectly and also when I connect the ethernet cable to my mac it works perfect. But as soon as I want to connect to the wireless network that we set up, it just doesn't work. Either it tells me the password is incorrect (which isn't) or it tells me connection timed out. I have tried putting in the DNS of my ISP, I've created a location which I called Home, I set up the network to use WPA Personnal (also tried WEP and WPA2 Personnal). I've been looking around for help and nothing works, I'm seriously going crazy and I just want to enjoy my macbook with a wireless network and for some reason whatsoever things are just being complicated. I need your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Can you turn off your security on the router first - and see if the macbook connects. If it does - then try turning on your security. You may be having a lower level problem. Can you connect to any wireless network - like at Starbucks, Mcdonalds, your local library, etc?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.