• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Live 8

T

Tel

I'm quite upset, just when I get back from holiday when the lines closed for Live 8 tickets, I find out that Pink Floyd are playing! With the original members! My one and only chance to see them live. :eek:neye:

OP
Z

zap2

um ok but why is this in the iPod forum???? Mods be so mind to move this to "anything goes"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
what is live 8?

i did hear about the pink floyd tour...im just assuming im not going to be able to afford to go
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
zap2- there is no need to comment if you aren't going to add anything, the mods would have seen this and done the appropriate actions. i think most people, including me use the ipod arena as a more a general music forum.

tel- that sucks. i live in philadelphia and will be going to the one here, i wish the floyd would play at the america one as well. to bad. it will be played on tv and streamed. at least they are going to be playing together again.

check out the live 8 homepage. its a series of concerts to rise money and awareness. this is from the homepage-

LIVE 8 is part of a day of action across the world which kick-starts The Long Walk to Justice that calls on the leaders of the world’s richest countries to act when they meet in Gleneagles on 6th-9th July. On July 2nd in London, Edinburgh, Washington, Berlin, Paris and Rome millions will be coming together to call for complete debt cancellation, more and better aid and trade justice for the world’s poorest people.

LIVE 8 is calling for people across the world to unite in one call – in 2005 it is your voice we are after, not your money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the US of A has the absolutely most horrible!!!! i repeat horrible bands ever created in the world...it is all rap r&b and crappy pop
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
yeah, we got the worst ones. they had to have rap because of location.

OP
T

Tel

British music is taking off at the moment, it all seems to be getting good again, I'm loving every minute of it :)

I do wish I could see Floyd though, I'd give my right arm to see them, they were, and still are, such a big influence on me. And Hyde Park is only an hour or so away from me on the train!

I'd be happy to see the Rolling Stones there too but I've already seen them when I was a kid with my dad so I can't complain :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.