Question about a Used Airport Extreme Base Station Model - MA073LL/A

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
I am interested in purchasing a used base station from a person on Craigslist. I will be meeting the person at a local place that has free wifi. Is it possible for me to quickly test the base station? If so, what do I need to do to test the device?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The best place to test the base station is in your home hooked to your internet feed from your ISP. Testing it from somewhere that has free WiFi isn't going to tell you much, if anything. And, unless you know the person you're purchasing it from, don't allow him\her into your home to test it.

Regards.

OP
Carla
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Thanks!

I was hoping there was some other way to test it. So, I chose to buy a new one; and it works like a charm!

I wasn't going to into anyone's home, or bring anyone into my home. I only meet people in public places from Craigslist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.