Unlocked/Jailbroken IPhone 3G won't boot

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in desperate need of help. My IPhone will not boot. When I press the power/sleep button, the apple logo appears like its starting up, then after a few seconds, the screen goes completely blank and it stops booting.

I still need to get my contacts from my contact list since they are not backed up though... So I am wondering, is there anyway to go in and retrieve my data while the phone is off or something..

By the way, I bought the phone unlocked/jailbroken and its been working fine but all of a sudden its been acting up.

THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
it'll be tough to save contacts (this is why we do regular backups :]) uhm... my co-worker had this issue last week, as a last resort i told him turn iPhone off - then hold Home Button while plugging it in.. he was able to bring it back to life but lost his Jailbreak & apps but saved him a trip to the Apple store + potentially having to pay for a replacement.

hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.