Syncing two iPhones to one iTunes account

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
My wife and I both have iPhones and when we sync our phones to my iTunes account it shares everything between both phones. I don't mind having the same contact list, but it's a hassel to go through and select only the apps and music I want.

Is there way to set up two profiles in one iTunes account were we can individually select which songs and apps we want synced? I'm aware of the "music" tab in the iphone settings where you can select artists or playlists, but I'd rather choose by song because there are some artists where I like one or two songs, but I don't want the entire album...and if I put several artists into one playlist I don't think the iPod will let me sort withing a playlist by artist.

I found a couple of other forums where people said you can set up different groups for the contacts to keep contacts separated, but I don't mind sharing the contacts...I'm just hoping there's a similar function for music.

TIA!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You're out of luck with apps I'm afraid. I keep hoping they'll create apps 'playlists'.

But music playlists are the way to go.... you can sort by artist.

I have One big playlist that has mainly single songs from various artists and several other playlists based around 'themes' as well as genius playlists. Works fine.

OP
AUZambo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Awesome...I never wanted to spend the time creating the playlist 'cause I thought it wouldn't function the way I wanted. I'll give it a go now.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.