OS 9 network permissions

R

robk

Hello,

We have two windows domains with users accounts mirrored in each domain. The domains are trusted to each other. One an NT domain and one a w2k domain. Our file server (w2k server) was in the NT domain and the membership was switch to the w2k domain. We have a program call ExtremeZ-IP running on this server to share folders out the mac clients. Each mac user has a user folder on the file server with the same permissions for their w2k user and NT user account. I recently removed the NT account from the security tab of each user folder and the mac clients could not access their user folder. It is seen through the mac with a lock on it. One way I was able to get into the user's folder was when connecting to the user share using the chooser I type <w2k domain>\<username> in the username field and then their password. This allowed me to access the share using the w2k user account instead of the NT account. The problem is that I can't find a way to tell the mac os 9 os to use the w2k account \ domian controller instead on the NT 4 account / domain controller. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated if you would share them.

Thanks
Rob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.