anonymous browsing?

Q

Quantumweb

any software (preferbally freeware) for OSX that makes it so a website cant get your real ip addy, or other personal info..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Have you tried the private browsing feature in Safari that came with Tiger? (Sorry if that isn't what you're looking for,,,, heck, I don't even have Tiger, I got that info from another thread... :biohazard )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I think he wanted a program not a service, but I am sure he willl like that link. I don't know of any programs that can do it for mac.

OP
K

Kokopelli

Tor can do it. It is more a program than a service. It makes use of a network of hosting servers but it is the closest I can think of to a usable anonymous network. You could use a bounce or even try routing through freenet (good luck) but Tor seems to strike the balance between usability and privacy best to me.

http://tor.eff.org/cvs/tor/doc/tor-doc-osx.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
if your just browsing , and you use fire fox , there is the Switch Proxy plug in , it'll allow you to connect to a proxy and surf anonymously, you can get it Here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.