Incase iPad Case

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought the Incase iPad case when I got my new toy and immediately put it in the case and I noticed today a bump on the bottom right corner like I dropped it naked without case...which is pretty annoying since I want to return the iPad to get a 3G one (yes I'm already missing that feature lol).

Bottom line: be careful with tha case. It looks and feels greets but because there is nothing that protects the corners that could happen to you (I still don't know how the heck that happened).

Voony.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
thanks for the warning!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
That's why I didn't buy that case, i opted for a cheaper ($20) generic case that's much thicker than the incase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
are you talking about the incase convertible book jacket? because I was just about to post and ask what people who bought it thought of it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
Mine shipped today. I'll find out soon. Of course, I'm still waiting for my iPad. Won't be able to try the case until I get it. :)

OP
V
Reaction score
are you talking about the incase convertible book jacket? because I was just about to post and ask what people who bought it thought of it?

Yes this is the one I am talking about. Sorry for the confusion :Evil:

Reaction score
That's why I didn't buy that one

I heard about that problem, so I decided to get the belkin grip vue which is basically a mix between a silicon and plastic/hard rubber. And I totally recommend it.

OP
V
Reaction score
I heard such problem before, so I think the silicone material for the iPad case would be much better than, but I afraid that if it would be broken easily, I thought that it is light weight and touch comfortable.
ux_a10041300ux0070_ux_g02.jpg

I chose the Incase convertible thing because I like to be able to protect the screen also without having to use a sleeve.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Mine always will be bare as I find any case makes it ugly.
I have never dropped a Mac yet, so I hope my luck will hold out.

Reaction score
I got the "protective cover for ipad" from incase, in black, and it is perfect, doesnt really hinder the thing at all, and it covers it perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I heard such problem before, so I think the silicone material for the iPad case would be much better than, but I afraid that if it would be broken easily, I thought that it is light weight and touch comfortable.
ux_a10041300ux0070_ux_g02.jpg

DO NOT BUY THIS! THIS IS USELESS JUNK!! Trust me, I have it in black, and it makes me so angry that one day I will flip out on it toss it into the shredder…even though I don't use it…past memories just wont go away! DON'T BUY IT!!!
Sorry, the pics aren't the best! I had to argue with the guy on a phone for literally an hour, and in the end, he said that he doesn't even have an ipad to test fit them!!! It also doesn't have space for the light sensor!!

IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg

Reaction score
wow, that looks horrible, id take that back, get my money back, and show them how bad the case was. you should send those pics to INCASE and show them how flawed their product is.

OP
V
Reaction score
wow, that looks horrible, id take that back, get my money back, and show them how bad the case was. you should send those pics to INCASE and show them how flawed their product is.

All and all the case is very good I just don't understand why they didn't cover the corners. It's not like it's necessary to use the iPad lol

Reaction score
has anyone tried the bookjacket.. not the convertible one, but just the bookjacket. it's for sale on incase's site for $50. is it thinner than the convertible one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really love my apple case. It protects the iPad really well, is sleek and thin, the screen is protected, and I dont think I could live without the prop up stand. For $40 you just cant beat it! My friend got an iPad yesterday and came over with this belkin gel case that he paid 50 bucks for and its crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I think there's some confusion from those pictures here. That orange case posted by Voony, and the black one by idrinor, are NOT made by Incase. I just looked over the photos on their website and these simply don't match up. Voony had a link to the el cheapo $7 cases that these appear to really be. I don't believe they intended to portray these as Incase's products, but it was a bit unclear.

OP
V
Reaction score
I think there's some confusion from those pictures here. That orange case posted by Voony, and the black one by idrinor, are NOT made by Incase. I just looked over the photos on their website and these simply don't match up. Voony had a link to the el cheapo $7 cases that these appear to really be. I don't believe they intended to portray these as Incase's products, but it was a bit unclear.

I didn't post any picture...:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

You are correct! It is NOT Incase. Incase makes top notch cases that have great fit/finish. The one I have is by the vender of link posted of the orange/red one…which is a mass produced item, and shipped to separate sellers…no brand name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.