Photoshop - Not All Paths Working

Reaction score
I am having problems getting Photoshop CS3 to recognize all the paths in a TIF and to import the file into InDesign correctly.

For example:
I created two paths in a donut image. There's the outer path for the outside of the donut and the second one for the hole in the center. Two odd things happen:

1. In Photoshop, when I select the path I want to work with and then "Make selection...", the outer path is active (marching ants) but not the inner path. If leave the outer path active, I can subtract the middle and then that would give me the donut without the background. But I should not have to do this all the time just to get the inside path to work.

Eventually the problem goes away and things are back to normal but I can not reproduce the problem either.

2. When I import the file into InDesign, only the background of the donut is cut out but not the circle in the center.

What am I doing wrong here?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
The path should look like this, one path for the outside and the inside of the donut.
Picture3-12.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.