Two keyboards, two monitors, one computer

Reaction score
Hello Macanites; I'm new here.

Let me jump right in: my children have reached that terrible stage of casting an eye over my MacBook Pro. Not a chance are they going anywhere near it. Think of a monkey with a hammer and you'll get the general idea.

But I'm not entirely without a heart and want to encourage computer literacy from an early age. I want to find a way to have two keyboards, with two monitors connected to one box, so that they can both..um... 'work'.. independently. Is this possible?

I not clued up with networking of any sort, but I'm imagining some sort of server set up. Am I on the right track, and can anyone point me to something I can read.

Thanks All,
Bruce

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Not really possible afaik. You're basically describing a thin client setup, but you still need a little bit of a computer built in to the monitor to access the server.

Have you thought about just getting a really cheap netbook or old laptop for them to play with?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Agreed with @Aptmunich..you're talking thin client..so you'll need a server that does the heavy lifting and the monitors will at the least have to have an network connection so that they can communicate with the server..

Your probably better of picking some cheap PC's from Craigslist or something..

Regards

OP
B
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for the replies.

(CL won't work for me - I'm in Africa.) Will check out classifieds in the newspaper though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.