• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is this a scam working for Google like this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Is this a scam working for Google like this?
Scott Carter - My Work At Home Failures and Success

A few of my mates were like "it sounds interesting". "And I'm like hey it's probably a scam but I dunno". So what do you think about this? I've seen it all over the internet, this working for Google thing. Not that I want to try it, I just want some good way of telling my mates this is a scam. Well I think it's a scam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
He says he lives in Headley, GB (Hampshire) but seems to get payed in dollars and uses American spelling

I activated some sort of voice recording that was an American accent (though he could be an American over here)

THere is a photo of someone holding up a cheque, behind the girl is a left hand drive car, certainly not uncommon in the UK, but more suspicious

The scam claims some endorsements from news agencies including BBC news

1. The BBC will not endorse advertising unless it is part of BBC enterprises, that sells BBC programs and endorsed products worldwide.

2. There is one link to that name on the BBC news site, and that is a link about a pensioner facing a jail sentence in Manchester

So the whole thing does not really add up and smells of a scam

You are right, why would Google pay so much for idle surfing of the internet, and why do non of the links go to any official Google page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Yeah ... When I looked at the link, he was living in Mechelen ( Belgium ) so he moves around fast :)

Don't trust any of this.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Perhaps the place he lives in changes depending on where you are based

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
@louishen..the site says he lives in Cambridge, MA when I visit it and I am in MA..so if that itself doesn't give this away as a scam..the rest of the text should definitely raise a LARGE number of red flags..

Man..this would make a totally cool chain letters..reminds me of the one where you just had to forward an email and Microsoft was tracking the number of people you sent it to (AND how many people the people forwarded it to did as well) and paid you for that..talk about easy money..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I goes by where you live here is what ingot

My name is Scott Carter and I live in Lady Lake, FL with my wife and two great kids. When I lost my job last year I spent almost a year trying to find a real, legitimate way to work at home. Instead, I kept getting scammed over and over (I lost nearly $2,000). In March I finally found the only legitimate, scam-free way to work from home. I signed up and made $1541.62 my first week! Needless to say both my wife and I were in total shock. Three weeks later I was making $2,441.36 or more every week. We were totally blown away, this was more money than I made per MONTH at my old 9-5 dead end job.

Here's the basics of what I do. Google pays me between $5 and $30 for every web site link that I post. No one needs to buy anything from me or Google in order to get paid. I’ve been getting weekly paychecks working on my laptop at home.

Money I Have In My Google Account

I tend to work from home, but some days I get out and work from a coffee shop or even the park. Its really hard to call it work... I work about 8-10 hours a WEEK on average. When I'm not "working" I get to spend time with my kids and wife doing all the things we always wanted to do.

I hated my last job, I was stuck in an office, somehow caught up in office drama, or worrying whether next week would be my last. My wife is a teacher so the kids were stuck home with grandma or off at a cheap daycare that I just did not trust. I read some articles about people making money online, but it never showed how they did it. All the programs I found by searching for "work at home" were total scams. I signed up, did all the steps, but never made any money. Right as I was about to give up all together, I found a winner!

This was the only real way to make money from home.

I signed up and it was really easy... I'm telling you anyone who is able to surf the internet can make money with Google. It surprises that people spend as much time online as they do NOT making money! After 3 month I'm making about $3,400 a week and I'm working 2 hours a day at most. This may not be a huge amount of money for some people but it completely changed my life.

My Biggest Google Check So Far - $6703.04
Please watch out for people using my check on other web sites.

So you know, after buying all those "work at home" systems I was extremely skeptical of trying another system. Lets be real, I was scammed so many times I couldn't afford another failure. Even after my wife's yelling at me to "never waste money on another get rich quick scheme", I took a chance on the Easy Google Cash Kit. Once I got my first check realized - it sometimes takes a number of failures before you find success. Looking back it was really the best decision I have made.

Reasons I decided to Make Money with Google:

Its easy. All I really do is surf the web and post links.
I only work a few hours a day, and I make MORE then I did at my last job.
Free time. Nothing beats hanging out with my kids.
Work when and where I want to. As long as I have a computer I can earn money.
Spending money - I have paid off my credit debts and finally have a savings account that HAS money in it!
Why this beats everything else:

I didn't need any money to start.
Not MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) where you sell stuff to friends and they sell to their friends (who does this?)
Easy to start, I got started fast.
No learning curve, if you are on the internet reading my web site then you can make money with this kit.
You can get started right away, as soon as you have your Easy Google Cash Kit.
Why are you telling everyone this secret?

Its simple. Even though I've provided all this information about my experience, 99.9% of people reading this won't do anything to better themselves. I created this blog for people that actually want to make money online. This is not a get rich quick scheme!

**UPDATE March 29, 2009**: When I signed up for this program I paid $97 for this kit but found out they are offering the kit for free, you just have to cover the $1.95 shipping. I'm not sure when the promotion ends. Thank you Zoe for letting me know.

Step 1: Click Here To Make Money With Google
Expiring on: Sat May 8, 2010 at 2pm
Displaying 20 of 68 Comments:

Maria said on March 16, 2009
Thanks I got a check for $3,800 it works!

Scott said on March 17, 2009
Wow thats a great start. No problem, keep at it and keep me posted
Shay42 said on March 17, 2009
I'm a new mom and so far its working great around my sched. do you know how I can setup direct deposit?
GTRCali said on March 18, 2009
Scott..... Week 2, made close to 1,700 this week off one set of posting. Sorry for the cellphone pic

Thank you!

Scott said on March 18, 2009
Shay42 - I've always had mine mailed. I've heard they do offer direct deposit but haven't looked into it

GTRCali - GREAT JOB! Now do you get how easy it is? Keep at it!

Adam said on March 18, 2009
I'm so glad I found your page. I still cant believe this works!!! If you have any other recommendations please post them!

Thx!

Rachel22 said on March 19, 2009
Woohhoooooooooooooooooggggoooogggllleee!!!!
GTRCali said on March 19, 2009
Scott it was definately easy. I do it around my class schedule.

CaliSarah said on March 19, 2009
great guide, I've been doing it for 3 weeks now.. first week was slow, 2nd picked up and at 3 weeks I'm at $2704.67... I LOVE YOU!!!
Scott said on March 20, 2009
GTRCali - Knew you'd figure out something that works for you. Rock on.

CaliSarah - THATS FANTASTIC! You even doing better than I did!

NikeMelanie said on March 21, 2009
Very easy to use. I just got a portable laptop so i can work from my corner coffee shop. life is tough.... jk
Julia said on March 23, 2009
How long did it take you to get started.. like forever or what?

Scott said on March 24, 2009
Julia... It took me a couple hours to go through everything and get started. I'm pretty terrible with computers and I figured it out. Let me know how it goes.
Larson0 said on March 24, 2009
here is my latest check. I'm still in school but I'm making more now then I will when I get out! thx and be good bro.

Yang said on March 26, 2009
Ordered kit 5 minutes ago. looks good man
R2D2 said on March 26, 2009
so far im having decent numbers but i have been away on vacation will try more when i get back.

Scott said on March 27, 2009
Larson / Yang - your welcome to both of you

R2D2 - Once I got going I got a laptop because Ilike working away from home sometimes if the weather is nice I have a wireless card. Enjoy ur trip!

garlicluva said on March 27, 2009
got my kit 4 minutes ago. will let you know how it goes

Bowden said on March 27, 2009
this sounds perfect for me because even though i can work at home the kids take up alot of time.
Scott said on March 28, 2009
Garlicluva - keep me posted

Bowden - kids take up you time? no way! =)

Zoe said on March 28, 2009
I JUST GOT MY 2ND CHECK. THANK YOU! DID YOU SEE THE PROMOTION ON THEIR SITE? Easy Google Cash Kit
Post Reply:
Comments disabled due to spam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Easily covered by oft given advice:
If it seems to be too good to be true .....
There is one born every day ....
which applies? - take your pick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
from the website said:
My name is Scott Carter and I live in Glenview, IL with my wife and two great kids.

he must live right around the corner

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
This morning he lived in Rockwall, Tx. That was when I checked it from my computer at the office.

Now that I'm at the house tonight, he lives in Bedford, Tx.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
My name is Scott Carter and I live in Leominster, MA with my wife and two great kids.
When I checked at work, it was Cambridge, MA and now at home this is what I get..very nice..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Ya all are WAY WRONG. This guy is from Minneapolis, MN. I saw it on the interweb! :)

My name is Scott Carter and I live in Minneapolis, MN with my wife and two great kids. When I lost my job last year I spent almost a year trying to find a real, legitimate way to work at home. Instead, I kept getting scammed over and over (I lost nearly $2,000). In March I finally found the only legitimate, scam-free way to work from home. I signed up and made $1541.62 my first week! Needless to say both my wife and I were in total shock. Three weeks later I was making $2,441.36 or more every week. We were totally blown away, this was more money than I made per MONTH at my old 9-5 dead end job.

Reaction score
Everything you see on the internet like this will be a pyramid scheme so the only real "winners" are the people in it from the very beginning.

Pyramid Scheme

They are capped so the person at the top, stays at the top, and the more people involved, the more money they will make. Being further down the chain will almost be a guarantee that you will make no money whatsoever.

Tom

EDIT: I should add that they are smarter than traditional schemes - in that it's not immediately obvious what they are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.