Forget Password for Connect to Server

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Hi all,

I'm a reasonably recent Mac converter, and very glad I made the switch (for the most part). Anyway, I am trying to set up file sharing with my dad's Vista machine. When originally attempting to connect to his machine from mine, I saved the username and password for the login. I now want to forget that and simply log in as a guest user. Problem is, obviously it keeps connecting without prompting for login details (as one would expect of course). I've tried simply deleting the details from Keychain Access but that doesn't seem to work. When attempting to Connect to Server it simply logs me in with the old details anyway, and when I check Keychain Access the details have been recreated. Any ideas? I am happy to clarify further if needed, as stated I'm fairly new to the Mac world. Thanks in advanced. :)

OP
orbit79
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
It turns out that after a good reboot it correctly realised I had deleted the password info in question and asked me to enter one when attempting to connect to the network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.