Ughhhh broke my phone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
So at dinner tonight (dont ask how cuz I still dont know) I dropped my phone in salsa. Thought everything was fine until I realized the phone thinks is has headphones in because salsa got jammed into the headphone jack. Tried cleaning it out and it still doesnt work. I can text but I cant call anyone and its doesnt make any noise!!! I am going to factory restore it but I'm not crossing my fingers it will help! I have the best buy protection so I should be able to get a new one but this is just a huge inconvenience any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Don't restore it!! It's the sensor in the headphone jack that is blocked, so it thinks you have headphones in, hence why it's not playing any sound and you can't hear anything when you call.

You can try to dilodge the salsa from the headphone jack with a toothpick and maybe even a vacuum cleaner... A restore to your phone won't remove the salsa haha.

If that fails, just call Best Buy and get them to take your salsa from your phone. But that is pretty funny aye. How do you drop your phone in the salsa? Just put your phone down when you are near salsa so you don't drop it in, the same with a toilet!!

:D

All the best with the salsa phone... :p

-Ben

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yeah I'm still not sure how i did it lol, but after some more research last night I came up with your same solution. I blew it out with an air can a few times and it would work for a bit so I just let it sit over night and now it works fine lol. I realized how helpless I would be without my iphone when I thought I broke it, so now I'm gonna be extra careful!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.