Ipad ships slow.

Reaction score
My Ipad which was ordered last monday (8 days ago) just shipped yesterday, It made it from shenzen to hong kong on time. Now its been stuck in HK since 3am Monday morning and gives a status of Exception and no delivery date.:[ It say the airline offloaded the package.

Well I guess I learned my lesson dont by from apple online, and dont spend the extra 18$ on expideted shipping. Now ill have to buy something else to give my mom on mothers day.:Grimmace:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well I guess I learned my lesson dont by from apple online, and dont spend the extra 18$ on expideted shipping. Now ill have to buy something else to give my mom on mothers day.:Grimmace:

Why do you have to buy something else for Mother's Day?

Today is May 4th, 2010...Mother's Day is May 9th, 2010. Why are you being so negative...and assuming your iPad won't arrive by say Friday (or earlier) of this week?

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Why do you have to buy something else for Mother's Day?

Today is May 4th, 2010...Mother's Day is May 9th, 2010. Why are you being so negative...and assuming your iPad won't arrive by say Friday (or earlier) of this week?

- Nick

Oh, My bad. I thought Thursday was mothers day!:[ Cool. Hopefully it will be here on time. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Nevermind when mother's day actually is just keep it for yourself!!! Hahaha

Reaction score
yea im on the same boat as you. mine has been stuck on off loaded at hong kong all week.. guessing ours are on the same batch. sucks, wish it would update it already and let me know when its coming in.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, My bad. I thought Thursday was mothers day!:[ Cool. Hopefully it will be here on time. :D

Aah...good deal...just a little confusion on the date of Mother's Day. I think you have a good chance of getting that iPad by Friday (if nothing screwy happens).

I ordered an iPod Touch back in December for Christmas (it came from China to the U.S. just like your iPad)...and I got it in 2 DAYS!!! And that was just the basic "free" shipping Apple offers.

Good luck,

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I need to save this post and send it to my kids before Father's Day. :):D

Hope your Mom gets her iPad on time.

Reaction score
Aah...good deal...just a little confusion on the date of Mother's Day. I think you have a good chance of getting that iPad by Friday (if nothing screwy happens).

I ordered an iPod Touch back in December for Christmas (it came from China to the U.S. just like your iPad)...and I got it in 2 DAYS!!! And that was just the basic "free" shipping Apple offers.

Good luck,

- Nick

was yours stuck on - THE AIRLINE OFF-LOADED PACKAGES in hong kong for 3 days? been stuck on that since the 3rd, ups tracking hasnt updated or anything since.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
was yours stuck on - THE AIRLINE OFF-LOADED PACKAGES in hong kong for 3 days? been stuck on that since the 3rd, ups tracking hasnt updated or anything since.

No...I didn't have any shipping problems. I was actually very very surprised how fast I got it from China...considering I only had the "free" shipping.

Is your Apple item really being shipped via UPS...I thought Apple always used Fed Ex?

Are you in the U.S.? My iPod Touch shipped from China came Fed Ex.

- Nick

Reaction score
poesies the

yup i'm in the us.. georgia... i also picked the free shipping and they gave me ups apparently... blah.. just wish the tracking info would update and let me know what's going on.

OP
D
Reaction score

Yep, Our pads are in the same batch. Mines going to NC. Its not looking good.

Still stuck in HK.

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Mine shipped on the 3rd, and it says its still in Hong Kong.

Reaction score
hope is there

I think I'm in the same batch as everyone else. But if you check your order again you will see that our orders gave departed from Hong Kong

Reaction score
yea saw that they finally departed... wonder how long it will be now.. another week? lol aye.. so freak'n impatient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Probably something to do with customs. Happens all the time on those direct from China shipments. After it gets going, they usually travel pretty fast. I've had an iPod make it to me from China in about a day and a half.

Reaction score
Probably something to do with customs. Happens all the time on those direct from China shipments. After it gets going, they usually travel pretty fast. I've had an iPod make it to me from China in about a day and a half.

nice... it just updated that its in alaska. would be awesome if it got here tomorrow but im guessing at earliest its probably early next week.

Reaction score
it wasn't customs i spoke to a couple different representatives over the phone and they all said it had cleared customs.

Reaction score
Mine too

I ordered on 4/26. On 5/3 I got a shipment notification. It left Shenzhen that night, but there was no update after that until 5/6 when it showed it was in Hong Kong but had been off loaded. (three days to go 15 miles?) I called UPS and they said they were having "capacity problems" and a "lot" of iPads were off loaded in Hong Kong. They had no estimate for when they would start moving again, but suggested I continue to "monitor the situation". Yeah, thanks for the help. I called Apple Store customer support and they said they had been told the same thing by UPS and had handled several calls about this on 5/6. They said my order can't be cancelled until 5/12. This sucks because I only ordered the iPad because my local Apple store (and Bestbuy) were out of stock. Now my local Apple store has more, but I can't buy one since I spent my money on the one that is stuck in shipping. Oh well, feels good to vent.

Reaction score
I ordered mine on Monday, and expedited shipping was not even an option, called Apple and they said that they are not currently offering the expedited shipping on them right now.

Reaction score
About 10 minutes after I posted the above, UPS changed my status to departed Hong Kong. May not be too bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.