• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

ordered an Xbox

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I ordered an Xbox with Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Mech Assult, and Xbox live today!!!! :):):D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Cool...I love my Xbox. Even if it is MS ;)....but of course I have no problem with MS stuff

:::runs and hides:::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Yes, I have thought these blasphemous thoughts, and one will probably be in the mail to me soon. Mac Dude, you shouldv'e waited a couple more days. I believe later this week they are releasing a bundle that includes Start Wars and Tetis plus 2 months of Live for the same price as just the machine. But you could've gotten a better deal than that. If so, please do tell....

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
They released that bundle already. This bundle that i got includes mech assult and splinter cell with the xbox... free:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, when did they release that?

Looks like I'm goin to wally world :)

Check out this site : http://xbox-scene.com/

You can learn how to hack your box so you can run Linux, and stream media, really cool. Go for the X-ecuter 2.2 Lite+. Sauder free, and supposedly works great.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can I make it run Windows? That would rock... kind of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It does run Windows...A really stripped XP kernel. If it actaully had "Windows" I would probably think again :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
splinter cell is one of the most beautiful games on earth even though it is very challenging

D

dziner

I just happen to work for an electronics distributor and I get GREAT deals on PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and all the games. I can save about $10-$15 per game, but instead of playing console games - I'll stick to Mac games. I mean - that is one of the reasons I payed $2000 for it anyways.

Nintendo has a new device out for the Gameboy Advance called E-Cards that allow you to play all the old Nintendo games on the GBA. Sounds like the games come on credit card sized cards. Here's how it reads:

"Some of the world's greatest classic video games are making a triumphant return! Now, with e-Reader technology, the code for an entire game can be stored on a stack of just five cards! Just slide the e-Reader cards through an e-Reader attached to a Game Boy Advance and you're ready to play."

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
dziner said:
Nintendo has a new device out for the Gameboy Advance called E-Cards that allow you to play all the old Nintendo games on the GBA. Sounds like the games come on credit card sized cards. Here's how it reads:

"Some of the world's greatest classic video games are making a triumphant return! Now, with e-Reader technology, the code for an entire game can be stored on a stack of just five cards! Just slide the e-Reader cards through an e-Reader attached to a Game Boy Advance and you're ready to play."

So would my wife be able to play pac-man on it?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
E-Card... which is really called e-Reader... came out a year ago... I have one.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
guess what just left walmart? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very cool... Did you look into get a mod chip yet? I know that the first thing I do if/when I get an X-Box is to put the mod chip in and through a 120GB drive into it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no... mod chip is bad (according to M$) they ban people from Xbox live with that chip :'(
I dont mind the small hd size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They ban you if you use the chip while you use Live. But if you shut the chip off before you turn the xbox on and connect to Live, MS has no clue the chip exists. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
I'm not saying XBox sucks, but here's my logic for getting the PS2 instead: How can we trust Micro$oft to make a good gaming console when they can't even get computers right?

So, on a totally unrelated topic, what do you think the odds are of Apple releasing a console? Probably won't happen for a long time, since nobody even lets them run their games on their computers.

God I hate Bill Gates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.