linksys time capsule question

quj

Reaction score
I have an internet connection through a local cable company and currently my linksys is attached with the modem in the basement. There are three outputs coming out of the Linksys g-router, which provide wired internet connection to three different rooms.
I am trying to put a time capsule in one of the three rooms. I would prefer not having to keep the time capsule in the basement because I want to attach an external HD to it and hopefully a printer in the future.
I want to use the time capsule as a network drive for backup and the external HD to be used as a Network storage device, which can be accessed by window laptop and a mac laptop.
My question is that can i connect time capsule to one of the rooms and get the n-speeds for wireless or will the g-router in the basement cause problems with it. My thoughts are that it should not because I am using wired connections and not the wireless function of the g-router. Any thoughts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.