Mark under iPhone screen, getting larger.

Reaction score
I have recently noticed a small mark under the screen on my iPhone, and it seems to be getting larger. It is white when the screen is black and vice versa. I keep the iPhone in my pocket, with nothing else in that pocket. I have not dropped it and it always has a case on.

Here is a picture showing it:

1001613x.jpg

Does anybody know what this is and if it is possible to fix?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Looks like LCD bleed, Yes it can be fixed by swapping out the LCD with a replacement. You can buy one on ebay for $30-$100 depending on who you get it from.

I forgot to mention, If you need help replacing the LCD yourself goto iFixit.com they have a great repair guide.

OK one last thing make sure once you completely disconnect the display assembly from the Logic board make sure you don't press the power button, Or else you will have to restore the phone.

hope this helps

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok thankyou very much, I will try that out.

Just wondering, but do you know what caused it?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Could be a hardware defect or physical damage e.g. could have been banged against something.

I would lean more towards a hardware defect, No worries it's a simple fix once you do your homework.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.