iPhone 4G, should I go for it?

Reaction score
hi everyone,

Last year I got a Blackberry Bold 9000 and I regretted it two days in. I've always wanted an iPhone but since 98% of my friends had Blackberries I thought it would be more practical for me to get a Blackberry (cause of the Blackberry messenger app) boy was I wrong, I'm not saying Blackberry is the worst thing out there I'm just saying that it wasn't the phone for me.

now I'm seriously considering getting an iPhone, everything I heard about the new 4G sounds great, although I'm not so sure about the alleged appearance. I like it the way it is now but I think I can live with the new look.

do you think it will come out around June/July like usual?

some stuff about me:
I'm a college student so money matters.
I love all things apple, I own a Macbook pro, I convinced my parents to get an iMac for a family computer. I also got about 12 friends to convert to apple products.
I cannot survive a day without my iPod Touch. I listen to music on it for average 4-6 hours a day, use apps alot on daily bases, can I replace it with the iPhone or should I worry about battery life?
I'm on AT&T contract don't know why that would matter, but just in case.

*** Forgot to say this but it's VERY critical, I leave the country for minimum of a month a year so I will unlocking it (and maybe jailbreaking it when it's available not sure yet). I did this with my Blackberry (unlocking it) and was unable to use some of it's features outside of the US. will this be a problem with the iPhone?

what do you guys think should I go for it?
and what's you're opinion of what we've heard about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
It really doesn't matter what we say, Your the one who has to use the iPhone. I have owned Blackberry's there great. I would say go for it,Then you don't have to carry an iPod touch and a phone. If you like the current iPhone then go buy it, I think ATT sells refurbished iPhones for as little as $49.

I'm sure others can chime in and give you different points of view.

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks for the advice, but I think if I'm getting one I'd wait for the new one since it's coming out really soon (relatively).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The odds are good something will be released in June/July. Wether it will be a "4th Gen" or a 4G (vice 3G) device will be known precisely when Apple bothers to tell us.

Would I wait? Yes. It's only a few months and if nothing else the hardware will get some sort of a bump, even if only in SSD size.

Reaction score
break

Don't forget that every time a new OS or update comes out everyone scrambles to make jailbreak work. It won't be the same day 4.0 comes out that you are able to jailbreak it.

Reaction score
Blackberry Storm2 or iPhone

I really do like my BB Storm 2. I know it has a lot of detractors but I do like the BB platform. All that being said if iPhone makes it to Verizon I really do not know what to do. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Go for the iPhone

I would definitely go for the iPhone 4G if I were you. ;D I've heard it will be released on June 22nd on Apple’s WWDC 2010. This is ultimately the latest hot new device this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
hi everyone,

Last year I got a Blackberry Bold 9000 and I regretted it two days in. I've always wanted an iPhone but since 98% of my friends had Blackberries I thought it would be more practical for me to get a Blackberry (cause of the Blackberry messenger app) boy was I wrong, I'm not saying Blackberry is the worst thing out there I'm just saying that it wasn't the phone for me.

now I'm seriously considering getting an iPhone, everything I heard about the new 4G sounds great, although I'm not so sure about the alleged appearance. I like it the way it is now but I think I can live with the new look.

do you think it will come out around June/July like usual?

some stuff about me:
I'm a college student so money matters.
I love all things apple, I own a Macbook pro, I convinced my parents to get an iMac for a family computer. I also got about 12 friends to convert to apple products.
I cannot survive a day without my iPod Touch. I listen to music on it for average 4-6 hours a day, use apps alot on daily bases, can I replace it with the iPhone or should I worry about battery life?
I'm on AT&T contract don't know why that would matter, but just in case.

*** Forgot to say this but it's VERY critical, I leave the country for minimum of a month a year so I will unlocking it (and maybe jailbreaking it when it's available not sure yet). I did this with my Blackberry (unlocking it) and was unable to use some of it's features outside of the US. will this be a problem with the iPhone?

what do you guys think should I go for it?
and what's you're opinion of what we've heard about it?

If you are in the market for an iPhone now, just be patient and wait for the realease of the next iPhone. Like mentioned above, it may be released at the WWDC in June.

Would I wait? Yes. It's only a few months and if nothing else the hardware will get some sort of a bump, even if only in SSD size.

What do you mean by "even if only in SSD size"?? He is talking about an iPhone, not the MBP or iMac. He already owns the MBP and his family owns an iMac.... :)

So yeah mate, wait for the iPhone 4G! :)

-Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
No one can 100% confirm when it will be out ANYWHERE in the world. But a guess is that it will be released at the WWDC on June 7.

Im sure it will follow suit with the 3GS for the UK release. The 3GS was released in the US on June 19, and the same day it was released in the UK.

So I'm sure that the new upcomming iPhone will be released on the same day as the US.

So be patient and look for news around June. :)

Peace,

-Ben

Reaction score
I suggest you would go for it man. I'm sure you won't have regrets this time when you get
your hands on Apple's iPhone 4G. It has a new design plus new apps. Its like a goldmine for
application developers.

Its coming hopefully in the month of June so you would probably take a hold of it sooner.

Reaction score
Other than transfer rate, not sure what are the key differences between iphone 3G and 4G?

Also, can telco network already support 4G phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
LOL the phone is NOT 4G! AT&T doesn't have 4G (they barely cover 3G well haha) so the phone is going to still have 3G connectivity.

It should be called iPhone HD if anything. There really has only been 2 generations of iPhones...the original iPhone and the 3G...3GS is only a speed bump and new camera, hardly a new gen.

Anyway....I'll get the new iPhone HD when it comes out...you should too! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.