• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

HELP! Macbook freezes after HD swap!

Reaction score
Problem has been getting worse, had to make an account here to find an answer before this gets serious.

I have a White Macbook 2.1 Ghz core 2 duo..upgraded to 4GB ram. It had the 120GB HD but i upgraded to a Western Digital 320GB HD. Now, not too long after i did the HD upgrade, my computer started freezing and it has slowly been getting worse over the 6 months its been in. Its gotten to the point where i'll be in the middle of watching a quicktime movie and it'll freeze, then if i scroll down to bring up the dock, that will freeze right in its place and the pinwheel will come up. For now i'll have to keep even more up to date backups just in case :Oops:

WHAT is wrong with this thing??? I really hope i don't have to blow even more money on a new HD. Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the forum. When u did the upgrade how did you transfer your data across to the new HD? What OS are u using?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.