PDA

View Full Version : HELP....over run by pop-ups!!

Jellytoes
04-24-2010, 09:05 AM
I am being over run by pop-ups .....but only here on Mac Forum. They refuse to "Click Off" and eventually can cover the screen on my iMac-24:(....and that's a lot of screen.

The are coming from words that are double-underlined in blue such as "computer" or "software" from a company named "Kontera".

They only occur here on Mac Forum...no other websites are involved.

And yes (!)....I have Checked On "Block Popups" in Safari.

Help please...or is this some "secret admin" device to stop me from reading the forum?

Thanks,

blackmac11
04-24-2010, 01:12 PM
try resetting safari and see if that helps:

click safari/reset safari and make sure that 'empty the cache' and 'remove all cookies' are selected. Everything else is up to you.

chscag
04-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Jellytoes:

Are you logged in the forum with your userid and password when you view posts? Or, are you just viewing as a guest? When viewing as a guest, you'll see the double underlined words (ads).

Regards.

Jellytoes
04-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Jellytoes:

Are you logged in the forum with your userid and password when you view posts? Or, are you just viewing as a guest? When viewing as a guest, you'll see the double underlined words (ads).

Regards.

Sorry.....I believe I was just viewing as a guest....I rarely login except to write.

I did the "Re=set Safari" and didn't see the popups when I opened a new window.

Thanks

T_O_P12
04-24-2010, 11:36 PM
That's weird to get them from here because I don't think I ever have gotten any from here even as a guest, I do get the occasional one that comes up but never from this site so hopefully that reset will last for you.