PDA

View Full Version : Did something happen to my account here (like an infraction I don't know about)

the8thark
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Did something happen to my account here (like an infraction I don't know about)? Why I ask is because I posted a few posts here and I got this message a few times.

the8thark
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

So is there any reason I have received this warning?

Raz0rEdge
04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
In any specific sub-forum or everywhere?

Regards

cwa107
04-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Did something happen to my account here (like an infraction I don't know about)? Why I ask is because I posted a few posts here and I got this message a few times.

the8thark
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

I don't think so. There was a forum upgrade last night with some new anti-spam measures, we're still trying to figure our way around them.

With that said, you had replied to a post about a man losing his finger when he was mugged for an iPad. That post was from a spammer and I think the forum software may have flagged that person and may have kept your reply moderated for some reason.

Send me a PM if you encounter this issue any further so that I can track and report the issue as necessary.

the8thark
04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Ok I will. Thanks for the responce. And hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Kash
04-22-2010, 01:18 PM
In the future, you should probably just PM a moderator/admin rather than create a forum post since this is a private matter

Doug b
04-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Haha... The8thark, you've been flagged for posting more links than the VB forum software is able to handle in an hour ! :Evil:

D

bobtomay
04-22-2010, 04:03 PM
roflol

JUKE179r
04-23-2010, 04:46 PM

the8thark

I just got that same message when I replied to a thread that I had started about CD/DVD burning software. The only thing I can think of why my post got flagged was because I mentioned a commercial product (Denon) 3 times. :o

harryb2448
04-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Haha... The8thark, you've been flagged for posting more links than the VB forum software is able to handle in an hour ! :il

And no mention of Microsoft?

DaFlake
04-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Now you have been flagged! :P

Collin Bl
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Just got the same WARNING and after a bit of testing it seems it is because i posted a Link - one that i have used before but it leads to the dangerous mac-forums site.

pigoo3
04-23-2010, 09:44 PM
I just got the warning as well...8:40pm EDT.

The only things that I'm guessing could have triggered something was the word "Windows" a couple times...and I linked two Mac-Forums "Sticky" threads.

- Nick

dtravis7
04-23-2010, 10:52 PM
This has to be a bug with the new update that was installed a couple of days ago. Keep letting us know of any issues you find so we can report them.

Collin Bl
04-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Having tried to post 2 times with a Link included - they disappear and don't get approved it seems. Another little Gem lost to the world :Not-Amused:

Collin Bl
04-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Can i post a pic now -

http://img.skitch.com/20100424-kn28jiqqraret54de72dem95nc.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/majorminor/n9xj7/tabs)
Click for full size (http://skitch.com/majorminor/n9xj7/tabs)

the8thark
04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
It happened to me again. I got the need mod approval message again.
I just posted a post about a little arguement I needed help with. The post had a link in it. And well I am just letting the mods know it happened again :).

And if the mods could post this message for me it'd be nice thanks.

[edit]I got the message again after typing out a long answer to a mac question someone had.

pigoo3
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm still getting these messages as well.

I find it a bit unnerving that if I spend a good amount of time & effort replying to a question...then I get this message (that the moderators need to review the post)...and then really not know if it was ever actually posted to the thread that I was replying to.

These posts contain nothing offensive as far as I can tell...so I'm really not sure what triggers the "moderator review" message.

Thanks,

- Nick

bobtomay
04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
We're not sure yet either. My best guess are 1) newbs posting links and 2) links to sites that may have been linked to by spammers. You probably don't need to report all of them. We see them if we're online and looking at the current threads which, I'm guessing, we all spend a lot of time doing.

Think I've only seen 2 posts thus far from our regulars that actually required moderation prior to it going live.

dtravis7
04-26-2010, 11:37 AM
So far all the moderated posts/threads I have run into are from Spammers. I am sure there is some issue though as it's happening to long time good users here and should not be. Hang in there. I am sure a fix will be on the way.

Lifeisabeach
04-27-2010, 12:14 PM
This happened to me last week (I've lost track of the thread) and just happened to me twice now in the same thread (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/200054-defragment-mac-does-exist.html). There's nothing about this thread that should suggest "spam" to me.

Lifeisabeach
04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
And even more oddly… it just happened to me in posting my last reply.

Lifeisabeach
04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
And more oddly still… that last reply about my reply before that not going through… got through.

cwa107
04-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links. Do you get any kind of CAPTCHA authentication prompts?

Lifeisabeach
04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links. Do you get any kind of CAPTCHA authentication prompts?

Not at all.

cwa107
04-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Not at all.

I don't get it then. We can't moderate every single post that contains a link. It will definitely stop spammers, but it shouldn't happen to seasoned members with a certain post count.

I guess I don't understand the threshold or how it's setup. This seems like a question for the admins.

Lifeisabeach
04-27-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't get it then. We can't moderate every single post that contains a link. It will definitely stop spammers, but it shouldn't happen to seasoned members with a certain post count.

I guess I don't understand the threshold or how it's setup. This seems like a question for the admins.

It is odd, indeed. I wasn't even posting external links in at least one of those that got kicked to moderation.

pigoo3
04-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links.

I have received this "moderated message" from some posts which contained links & some that don't. I even got this "moderated message" when I linked some "Sticky" threads from Mac-Forums in a post. Basically every time I post a message...it's sort of like the lottery if I will or will not receive the message.

But I would certainly say that I only get the message probably 1% or less of posts made over the past 3-4 days or so.

And I would certainly agree...that having to moderate every post that contains a link would be a lot to ask from our friendly unpaid moderators!;)

- Nick

cwa107
04-27-2010, 02:32 PM
OK, just got some word back from the admins. This is related to a new anti-spam plug-in. The settings have been adjusted appropriately and it should no longer effect members that have some history.

pigoo3
04-27-2010, 02:33 PM
OK, just got some word back from the admins. This is related to a new anti-spam plug-in. The settings have been adjusted appropriately and it should no longer effect members that have some history.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.

- Nick

toMACsh
04-27-2010, 08:54 PM

I got one of those too. Can't say what thread, or what happened to my post ultimately.

cwa107
05-01-2010, 11:18 AM
We're still seeing some hiccups with this anti-spam plug-in and have been working on them. Please keep the thread updated if you run into issues.

pigoo3
05-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I had it happen to me once yesterday (April 30th). I tried to read the complete "moderator review" message that comes up...but it only remains on the screen for a few seconds.

- Nick

bobtomay
05-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Found yours this morning, along with one from Rottie, Razormac and the8thark.

They've reset it again, so we need to make sure the setting holds now or if there is some bug in it.

pigoo3
05-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Found yours this morning, along with one from Rottie, Razormac and the8thark.

Sounds like you "found" these on the floor somewhere...underneath a pile of old newspapers, pizza boxes, beers cans, and cigarette butts!

Must have been a good party!!! Ha ha!;)

- Nick

RavingMac
05-01-2010, 10:05 PM
If it's mine, plesae return it . . . I knew I left that thing (whatever it is) laying around here somewhere. ;D:)

ToNeOS
05-18-2010, 11:51 AM
i also got the same message that it has to be approved by moderator and why do i have to perform the image verification on every post .. will that go away over time?

cwa107
05-18-2010, 11:55 AM
i also got the same message that it has to be approved by moderator and why do i have to perform the image verification on every post .. will that go away over time?

Yes. It's an anti-spam measure that only applies to new users.

TechieJustin
05-21-2010, 11:04 PM
I can't post at all...

cwa107
05-21-2010, 11:09 PM
I can't post at all...

You just did. :Confused: