• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

This makes me happy being a Non US Apple customer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
This makes me happy being a Non US Apple customer.
Sure I'm not against the US customers also. They are really nice people :). But I want to quote somethnig from an article.

Apple has “best non-holiday quarter ever”

It’s also interesting to learn that over half of their revenue—58% of it, in fact—came from international sales.
This is from the confrence call that happened yesterday. So the Non US people are buying a lot of Apple products. As well as the US people. Makes me really happy.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Apple is a worldwide company...and the world is a very big place. So if Apple has a really good quarter...and 58% of their revenue came from international sales...then great!

Consider two things:

1. If the iPad was never released in the United States...then Apples current quarterly revenue from international sales would have been MUCH higher than 58%!

2. If the iPad was released worldwide (simultaneous with the US iPad release)...then again...the Apple's quarterly revenue from international sale would be much higher than 58%.

The important "take-away" conclusion from this article is...even with the iPad release in the United States...Apple still gets more revenue from international sales than it does from US sales only (at least this quarter).

- Nick

Reaction score
I agree about apple being an international company -- which probably contributes to its success as a whole

Reaction score
They might call themselves a international company, but they still have not opened up iTunes store to anyone outside north america. No movie rentals or tv series as of yet.

Very annoying that they still ignore half their customers.

EDIT: did some digging and found that what I'm wanting should be in place by the end of the year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
In my opinion one of the biggest constraints to Apple's international sales is the utter ridiculous consumption tax other countries have.
How can any government justify putting a 50% VAT on anything? Then there's the import taxes on top of that.

How many of you have "carbon footprint" taxes?

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Apple is a worldwide company...and the world is a very big place. So if Apple has a really good quarter...and 58% of their revenue came from international sales...then great!

Consider two things:

1. If the iPad was never released in the United States...then Apples current quarterly revenue from international sales would have been MUCH higher than 58%!

2. If the iPad was released worldwide (simultaneous with the US iPad release)...then again...the Apple's quarterly revenue from international sale would be much higher than 58%.

Not the case. As this quarter with the 58% does not include ipad sales. As they were sold in April and the end of the quarter was 31st March. So in the next quarterly report expect to hear Apple brag about the ipad sales.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
They might call themselves a international company, but they still have not opened up iTunes store to anyone outside north america. No movie rentals or tv series as of yet.

EDIT: did some digging and found that what I'm wanting should be in place by the end of the year.
I can rent movies and download TV shows via the german iTunes store just fine... some of the studios don't offer them in english though, which is why I prefer to use the US store most of the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Macbook White 2Ghz 2Gig RAM 120Gig HDD

I can download TV shows and movies from the UK.

The prices are a bit stupidly high though (see my other post)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.