• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple wants their iPhone back....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Found this on Gizmodo and a dozen other sites, So far looks pretty legit....
A Letter: Apple Wants Its Secret iPhone Back - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

2gtvkzo.jpg

Reaction score
LOL, it is all over the news now. I just saw this on my local station here in Mass.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
LOL, it is all over the news now. I just saw this on my local station here in Mass.

I know I just saw here on my local news.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Those kind of letters are SO hard to fake. Not like Gizmodo would ever do that....

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those kind of letters are SO hard to fake. Not like Gizmodo would ever do that....

We get it Baggs. But it does seem to be picking up steam, If it's a hoax (Which it could very well be one) Then I gotta give them credit because someone pulled out all the stops on this one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Come on guys. You're all smart... You know it's a hoax. There are too many holes which wreak of Apple changing from their usual strategy which is getting people all in a tizzy, which is also messing with their minds and having them go back and forth wondering if it is or isn't a hoax...

But let me just point out the insanely obvious. Ok, guy with secret 4th gen iPhone whom we all know by previous standards, is NOT supposed to bring any beta hardware such as the iPhone out of his house. He's not supposed to breathe a word about anything to anyone. Yet he somehow manages to leave it in a bar, (perfect cover since they can say he was drunk) and then the sincher: The phone just HAPPENS to wind up in the hands of a Gizmoto employee ? RiiiiiIIiight.

Nice try Apple. Failz0rz. Also...and I know there are ways in which this wouldn't work but.. .wouldn't Apple be able to track where the phone is via triangulation ? I'm kind of sure they would, if the phone was really 'lost'. But again, it just happened to be "lost" in the convenient hands of a Giz employee.

ha. ha. ha.

doug

Edit: Speaking of lost, how was LOST tonight ? Any good ? *no spoilers please. I won't see it until tomorrow*

Reaction score
Well, if it is a hoax then there are going to be a lot of people that get caught in it that is for sure.

Frankly I don't care either way but I will be upgrading my 3G with the next release. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Let me guess, they found that letter on the floor of a restaurant?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.